Download PDF: Preparing for surgery instructions
Preparation for Hair Transplant Surgery begins before the day of your surgery.
One week before surgery
- Please stop Minoxidil / Regaine if you use it.
- Avoid alcohol consumption
- Avoid smoking
- Stop recreational substances if you happen to a user and certainly no weed/ cannabis
- Take Paracetamol or co-codamol if you need pain relief but certainly avoid Asprin.
- Avoid Gym and cardiovascular exercise if possible
- Wash your Hair and Scalp thoroughly night the before surgery. Please do not use any hair products such as gels etc on the day of surgery.
- Please raise concerns and ask any questions well before surgery if possible.
Day of Surgery
- It is really important that you eat a good / adequate breakfast before coming for surgery.
- Try and have a good night sleep before and come well rested to the clinic on the day.
- Please wear a shirt and jumpers which open at the front with buttons. Do not wear T shirts or garments that cant be opened from the front.
- It is not advisable to wear any hats/ caps because grafts are wet and will stick to any garment/ hat that is in direct contact with them for few hours. If you must wear a hat to conceal transplanted area, please buy a very wide base ball hat which must not sit on top of grafts. Beanie hats, helmets etc are forbidden for at least two weeks post surgery.
Hair Transplant Surgery is an invasive surgical procedure carried out under local anaesthesia, Adrenaline and some times sedatives, it is therefore advised not to drive 24 hours after the procedure. Please make your transport arrangements accordingly.
What Patients Are Saying
Book An Appoinment
Please call 020 7580 2205 or feel free to fill in the form to schedule an appointment at our Harley Street clinic. To manage our schedules fairly, we give priority to patients who have an appointment and arrive on time.