Follicular Unit Excision (FUE) Hair Transplant
FUE hair transplants in London Harley Street from one of UK's leading hair transplant surgeons.
FUE Hair Transplant Surgery innovative,virtually scarless and fast downtime: Hair transplantation by FUE technique is the most popular procedure for men. We offer FUE hair transplant surgery in one of the most modern, well equipped, best clinics here in Harley Street London. Our Surgeon Dr Malkani is one of the best FUE surgeons in the UK and London. Because FUE is minimally invasive, recovery is fast, and there is virtually no scarring, especially after one procedure, meaning that the patient can keep their hair as short as they want in the future without any scar tissue showing. We specialise in unshaven FUE and in body hair transplants. Body hair is used to help supplement a depleted donor area, Hair is usually removed from the chest or back. Unshaven FUE is suitable for those with long hair at the back which can cover the very limited shaven area. This can save the need for shaving a large area and can be shown in the photos below.
- Follicular Hair Excision or FUE involves shaving of donor area to grade one, removing groups of healthy hair follicles or “grafts” as they naturally occur, from the back of the head and placing them into the bald or thinning area under local anaesthesia.
- Extracted grafts are then sorted, counted and categorised and transplanted into the recipient areas which could be just frontal hairline or top or crown areas and also beard and eyebrows, injury or burn-induced scars.
- This procedure is carried out under a local Anesthetic. Once the scalp is numb, individual hair follicles/ grafts are typically extracted by a 0.9 mm or sometimes 0.8 mm punch mounted on a HIGHLY SOPHISTICATED motorised device. These follicles are then grafted/implanted back onto the recipient area via small incisions made by micro blades or 20G needles.
- This procedure is extremely demanding, regarding attention to details, perfection and patience on the part of the surgeon, assistants as well as the patient. The average duration of FUE is 6 hours long, and the patient is discharged on the same day.
- Recovery time is incredibly short compared to Strip Surgery, and 90 % of the patients do not require more than Paracetamol for more than 24 hours. Regarding returning to work, depending on the type of work, most individuals can resume their regular work duties a few days after the surgery provided work does not involve any strenuous physical activity.
- It is essential that you take care with transplanted hair for the first two weeks. This is because grafts will not be fully integrated and secure a new blood supply and nutrition until two weeks have passed. After this time, you will be able to go back to your regular hair care routine.
More about FUE surgery
FUE surgery involves the excision of the hair from the donor area following shaving.
This can be uncomfortable but your pain is managed by local anaesthetic and we try to make sure you are as comfortable as possible. The time for this stage can vary depending on the number of grafts taken from your donor area.
Once a local Anesthetic is administered and the scalp is numb, individual hair follicles/ scalp is numb and the grafts are then extracted manually. These follicles are then grafted/implanted back onto the recipient area via small incisions made by micro blades or 20G needles.
Recovery time is incredibly short compared to Strip Surgery, and 90 % of the patients do not require more than Paracetamol for more than 24 hours. Regarding returning to work, depending on the type of work, most individuals can resume their regular work duties a few days after the surgery provided work does not involve any strenuous physical activity.
Benefits of FUE surgery
No painful wounds from the strip at the back of the head compared to FUT surgery
Very quick recovery time
More grafts can be harvested and less wastage of grafts compared to FUT
We can use body hair transplants to provide hair to transplant when there is a severely depleted donor area.
All patients are provided with an aftercare plan, which explains how to best look after their transplanted hair. In addition, we will be with you for up to 18 months post-surgery. We see this as a personal project to enhance and promote your hair and restore your confidence and looks. Please see details of our daily aftercare plan under patient information on this website.
Feel free to browse through Malkani Hair Restoration Institute before and after gallery. For further information and advice about out FUE hair transplants in one of the finest hair restoration clinics in Harley Street London, please feel free to get in touch with us on 020 7580 2205.
Many patients have come to us saying that they wish to have a unshaven donor area and that this is available in other clinics. This is more of a myth than a truth and unshaven FUE surgery is not possible. In fact these clinics will step shave the donor area resulting in uneven extraction and patchy resulting donor areas. Unshaven FUE surgery is not possible, however if you have very long hair for example, the upper hair can be lifted up and the lower hair left and a “window” of donor area can be shaved. The long hair can then be placed back again over the top to cover this up. Please see the photos below.
Unshaven FUE Hair Transplant
This patient has long hair and did not want to shave his entire head. We shaved a small section at the back of his head and extracted hair using FUE technique. The hair was transplanted into the balding areas. The long hair covers the area of extraction which was shaved.
The stages of FUE surgery explained
Dr Malkani draws the hairline with the patient being consulted on the new hairline as a joint patient surgeon decision.
The new hairline is decided with the patient so that the patient and surgeon are both happy with the new hairline
Dr Malkani is extracting the grafts from the donor area using minimally invasive FUE surgery technique.This stage is carried out to harvest the grafts.
Dr Malkani performing FUE surgery our patient is very relaxed.
Dr Malkani and the hair transplant technicians are placing the grafts into the recipient area. This is the final stage
What Patients Are Saying
Book An Appoinment
Please call 020 7580 2205 or feel the form to schedule an appointment. To manage our schedules fairly, we give priority to patients who have an appointment and arrive on time.